03 Feb 2021
Mindfulness With Children
Mindfulness with Children.
Exercise- Energy Fingers
“Children of all ages can benefit from mindfulness, the simple practice of bringing a gentle, accepting attitude to the present moment. It can help parents and caregivers, too, by promoting happiness and relieving stress”- New Year Times
Here is a quick mindfulness exercise you can do with your children.
This exercise can help give their little brains a break, before starting on the next activity. A perfect re-energiser for when they’re tired, a bit sleepy or perhaps sluggish because they have eaten too much.
This guide was created in ParentTV.
- Take both hands and make a peace sign with then
- Looking at each peace sign, join them together like glow
- Take both your fingers and pop them onto your legs
- Together with your child, take three deep breaths
- On the exhale of each breath, say out loud “I feel energised”
- Repeat with every breath.
There you have it, you and your toddler have just practiced a session of mindfulness.
Kinda-Mindi Early Learning Centre is a family owned and operated childcare provider catering for children from 6 weeks to 6 years of age. Contact us today